The term fever has a wider application. It is the symptom of body’s fight against infection. It is the one of the most common features of several diseases. In many cases, it is a secondary symptom of the disordered state of the body with which it is associated.
The real cause of all fevers, including common fever, however, is accumulation of morbid matter in the system due to wrong feeding habits and unhygienic condition of living. Fever is thus, a natural attempt on the part of the body to rid of itself of toxic matter. It is not the result of germs or infection, as is generally believed. If the believed was true, all people exposed to an infection should be suffering from fever.
Fever being a natural healing crisis, it should be helped to run its normal course. Any interference with this natural process by administration of drugs will only enable the body to retain the morbid matter which caused this condition. If dealt with in natural way, the common fever, where there are no complications, will subside in two to three days.
Fever is not considered as a disease. It is only the most essential resistance power required by the body. In the event of discharge of waste products that gets accumulated in our blood by oxygen, white blood cells in our blood fights with the infection causing bacteria, that is when we get fever.
Whenever we get fever, the active immunity in our body starts functioning in an exert way against the chronic problems in our body. By whatever name you call the fever, it is very necessary to wait patiently, by giving rest to the body, till the fever subsides by itself.
Things that everyone should follow for getting the fever cured without any medicines:
• Only if the fever is very high then wipe the forehead, armpit and lower abdomen with a wet cloth.
• Do not drink water unless you are thirsty. In case the lips feel dry or parched, dab some water on the mouth.
• When you have normal thirst, drink a measure of water.
• When hungry, take rice porridge. Also start consuming food in an orderly manner, once well.
• For two to three days strictly avoid food like milk, tea, coffee, energy drinks etc.
• If everyone from a new born baby to adult follows the above mentioned methods when they have fever, then you will have no place to speak about any disease in your lifetime.