Constipation is the chief cause of many diseases
The most common symptoms of constipation are infrequency, irregularity or difficulty of elimination due to hard faecal matter.
• The most important factor in curing constipation is a natural and simple diet. This should consist of unprocessed food.
• The diet alone is not enough. Food should be properly chewed-each morsel for at least 25-35 times.
• Having meals in hurry or at odd times should be avoided.
• Having Bael fruit during constipation is the best; it cleans and tones up the intestines. Its regular use for two or three months throws out even the old accumulated faecal matter.
• Chronic constipation patients should consume pear fruit or its juice.
• The number of motions required for normal health varies from person to person. Most people have one motion a day; some have two a day, while others have one every other day. However, for comfort and health, at least one clear bowel movement a day is essential and considered normal.
• Having green and leafy vegetables, especially spinach, French beans, tomatoes, lettuce, onion, cabbage, cauliflower, pears, grapes, papayas, mangoes, carrot, guava and oranges can clear your constipation.